What are two characteristics of RAM on a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- Nonvolatile storage is provided via RAM.
- RAM stores the configuration that is currently active on the device.
- During a power cycle, the contents in RAM are lost.
- Cisco switches contain RAM, whereas Cisco routers do not.
- Multiple versions of IOS and configuration files can be stored in RAM.
The correct answer is these two:
- The configuration that is actively running on the device is stored in RAM.
- The contents of RAM are lost during a power cycle.
Explanation: RAM is used to store data that the device needs to conduct network operations. RAM is used to store the operating configuration. Because data is lost after a power cycle, this sort of memory is referred to as volatile memory. The IOS is stored in flash memory and a copy is transferred to RAM when a device is turned on. Because it preserves data even when power is gone, flash memory is nonvolatile.